We're so blessed to be so near to Palmyra, NY. I didn't think I'd ever get to see the Sacred Grove or any of those Church historical sites, but I've seen Palmyra now at least 3 times. This time we go to see the Hill Cumorah Pageant with our friends, Josh and Mari Kjar. Luckily, they live only an hour away from Palmyra, so we shacked up with them for a couple of nights. They're such a fun duo. The first night night we were there, we played games and talked long into the night. The next morning we were all so exhausted. I didn't have the energy to get up with the kids the next morning at 7 am. Trapper, my wonderful, amazing, thoughtful and sweet love, got up with the kids, got them dressed, put them in the car, and drove to a playground for them to play on. All so the rest of us could sleep in peacefully. I love that man.
Once we all got up and were dressed, we drove out to a place called Abbott Farms. We planned to pick strawberries and feed the animals, but it was SOOOOO hot, so we skipped out on the strawberries. : ( Other than the heat though, it was a beautiful day.
The kids bounced for about 2 seconds in this bouncy house.
On to feed the animals!!
Those goats were eager for some food! Their munching lips tickled our hands, and it scared the boys a little, but they had fun doing it.
Our attempts at a nice family picture.
Jackson was tired and burning up from the heat, so he didn't feel like smiling.
Me and my bestie
Jonah loved the excitement and the boys liked to crawl around with him and climb in his bouncer.
Here we are at the Hill Cumorah! It was fun looking at all the different costumes.
Sorry the pictures are blurry. It was hard to get a good shot with our point and shoot camera.
This is Lehi's vision of the tree of life.
If you can see the white speck, that's Jesus coming down to visit the Nephites.
It was an awesome show and even more amazing to see the stories come to life. The boys had a great time watching too. The whole time we were there, up to until Jesus came down, they kept asking, "Is Jesus coming now?" And then just before the show was over, Braden fell asleep. As we got ready to leave, he woke up and the first question he asked was, "Jesus gone?" I told him that He was gone for now, but that one day He would return and it would be a wonderful day.
5 comments:
well documented!!! i LOVED it all. for reals. hahahah anyway. i'll need to get some of those pix from you. love y'all mucho!!!!
Awesome! I love what you wrote at the end... :)
What a fun event. One of these days I would love to go back east and see that program. Good luck with the next few weeks. Sad we miss you by a few days.
Those pictures are great! When went to Hill Cummorah I couldn't believe how steep that hill was!
When are you guys coming to Provo? We'd love to help move you in. Also, are you guys going to the 1st years BBQ on the 22nd? We'd love to meet up with you then too.
I wanted to look at your pictures again now that we've been to it, too:) It really was a cool experience!
Post a Comment