Sunday, January 9, 2011

Jackson's Birthday Bowl (The big 3)

I can't seem to find all the photos from Jackson's birthday, but I have a few that Ashley took while she was here for his birthday. On the day of his birthday, I wanted him to have a little party with his friend, Brinkley. Brinkley is his best friend and they love playing together. So, we went bowling! We had to go during the day while our husbands were at work, but we had a great time. And the kids absolutely LOVED bowling.


He was having such a great time. Bowling is one of his favorite games.



This is Brinkley's victory dance. hehe SOO cute.



Caelen is such a cutie in this dress!! I love it.


That smile cracks me up. It's almost like he's trying to smile and wink at the same time. haha



I feel bad that I can't find more photos, but he had a wonderful birthday, nonetheless. After bowling, we went to McDonald's for lunch. Then that night when Trapper came home, we had a birthday dinner with pizza and a big cookie cake. It wasn't the prettiest, but at this age, he couldn't care less. He was just so happy to have everyone sing for him and then to blow out the candles. For his birthday, he received a tonka truck from Brinkley, a Leapster game (Toy Story 3), a bag of baseballs, and Thomas the Train underwear. From his grandparents, he received a Fisher Price camera, money, movies, and clothes.
Sometimes it's still so hard to believe that I have a child that is 3 years old. I feel so honored to have been blessed with such a child. He's a compassionate and loving child, but he does have his mischievous side--like most toddlers. When I look on him at night when he's fast asleep, I can see the potential that Heavenly Father sees in him. I see so much good and right being done, and I hope I can give him the right kind of nudges in life to steer him in the direction Heavenly Father wants him to go. I look forward to watching him grow and learn every day.
His Favorites:
  • Sing ABC's
  • Sing 1,2,3's to the ABC's song
  • TV shows: Diego and Little Bear
  • Jumping and rolling onto his little brother
  • Pizza
  • Triangles
  • pbskids.org
  • Book: "You can do it, Sam" by Amy Hest

1 comment: