Sunday, May 30, 2010

Egg Dilemma

What do you do when you're short an egg for a recipe that you're ALREADY started on? I find myself in these situations many times. Back in Denver, I needed something for a dinner, so I took Braden with me to entice somebody to open their door to me. We were in an apartment at this time, so I knocked on A LOT OF doors before a young woman felt the decency to open hers. Last time I had to go out for an egg, we had just moved to Olmsted Falls and Ashley was with us. We were making banana bread. I thought what a perfect opportunity to get to know the neighbors. I think I knocked on 3 doors that day before someone was able to help me. Now, I need ANOTHER one and it seems as if the neighborhood is deserted. Where did everyone go?! I guess it's nap time.....*sigh* I would totally just jump in the car and buy some more...if it wasn't Sunday. Anyway, I guess I should just gather up the courage to knock on another door. All I need is an egg! I can't believe I'm this nervous to ask for a simple egg. haha

2 comments:

Katie said...

you are so silly! you could always borrow one from us..we have 3 dozen or so right now! ;)

Cecily said...

You can use an egg substitution!

1 tsp. cornstarch + 3 Tbsp. water = 1 egg

If you're not doing it with cake mixes, the following is also supposed to be pretty good:

1/2 tsp. baking powder (or 1 Tbsp. soy flour) + 2 Tbsp. water = 1 egg

If you just need one egg more than what you have this is perfect. I think you have to be careful to use it for a substitution for several eggs. Good luck!