Wednesday, April 14, 2010

No More Slamming Doors.....and watch the fingers!

If blood makes you queasy, approach the pictures with caution. It's not that bad though.
Jackson loves to close our doors. Every morning, he comes out of his room and shuts his door before he goes anywhere. If he goes into any room, almost always, he will shut the door. The one place that Trapper and I have repeatedly told him to leave alone is our bedroom closet door. Braden follows him everywhere he goes and I don't him to get a finger smooshed or his head banged into between the door and the frame. It's just a disaster waiting to happen. Today, after Trapper came home, we all went upstairs to talk to him as he changed his clothes. I can't even remember what we were talking about now, but I must've been really engaged, enough to NOT SEE JACKSON RUN INTO THE CLOSET AND SLAM THE DOOR. AND TWO OF MY FINGERS WERE RESTING EVER SO QUIETLY AND INNOCENTLY ON THE INSIDE PART OF THE DOOR WHERE THE HINGES ARE. The first thing that happened was Trapper yelling at something behind me and then immediate excruciating pain clamping down on my fingers. It felt as if my ring finger was being pinched in half. There was definitely a crunch, and my pain tolerance level flew right out the window. Jackson had no idea why the door wouldn't shut, so he just kept pushing. Ya know, I want to say that having a baby (for me) is the worst pain ever, but this was pretty bad and I'm still having trouble breathing just thinking about it. Plus, when it was all over, there was no cute baby, and my tears were not of joy, so yeah, I'd say this was slightly more painful. Although it did not last as long. I'll give it that.



After it did happen though, I was so scared that my finger was dangling by a thread. I couldn't bring myself to look at it for awhile. I had Trapper look at it for me, but even when he said it was only bleeding, I didn't really believe him. Wow. I'm a woosie. Blood isn't my thing. So sorry if it's not yours either and you looked at the pictures.
While Trapper ran downstairs to get some ice for it, I sobbed and cried out in pain, pacing back and forth all over the room. Braden started to make a run for the stairs, so I did my best to hold him back with my foot. We don't have a gate yet. I guess my screaming and crying scared the heck out of Jackson 'cause he started crying too. I think he was just worried and scared. I don't know. Then, when Trapper came back up, he handed me the ice and I sank to the floor. Both kids were crying at this point. Braden wanted me to hold him and Jackson was distraught over the situation. So we were all sitting on the floor--one big bawl fest. lol Even in the midst of my suffering, I had to chuckle.
Five minutes later when everyone had calmed down, Jackson went back to the closet and shut the door again almost hitting Braden in the head. *sigh*

5 comments:

Sally said...

So that just answered all my questions about the incident. Do you think it could be broken? I bet that did hurt really REALLY bad! And I bet trying to function as a mom without using that finger won't be too fun either! Now that I think of it, I'm supposed to play a piano solo in Sacrament this Sunday, I think right now I'd actually like to trade places with you and have an injured finger! :) Then again, maybe not.

Katie said...

OUCH! I am so sorry! I have jammed my right ring finger numerous times..so I "feel your pain" Hehe! Let me know if you need anything!
PS. You might want to get a splint for it or at least tape 2 of the fingers together...

Mary Ann said...

I am so sorry, do you think htey will ever learn? Lif is pretty funny.

Amanda Laing said...

Ha ha, this exact same thing happened to me, Boston slammed my fingers in our closet drawer, over a year ago, and I also heard a crunch, and had blood ans bruising everywhere, and we all ended up in a bawl fest on the floor, as Drew laughed at us, I cried and laughed at the same time too. Door closing is no longer allowed, and I am very cautious now every time I go in my closet, it's definitely a haunting memory to this day!

Amanda Laing said...

Oops, not the closet drawer, but the DOOR, i'm a bit psycho after my last 3 weeks, youd think I'm the one with the head injury, it must be pregnant brain!