Wednesday, March 3, 2010
Couple Therapy
I've been in the mood to read The Hunger Games again since the third book is coming out in August. It's a bit early. I know, but I can't help myself. I've been telling Trapper how much I like the book and how I think he might like it too, AND I'm also a little jealous of other couples that I know who read books together. I mean, what a great way to spend some time together! Our usual nightly activities consist of watching t.v. or playing peggle, and it was past due for a little change. So, every night before bed, Trapper and I have been reading The Hunger Games. After reading the first few pages and getting to know Katniss' character, Trapper stopped and said, "Wait, this is a girl?" For those of you who haven't read The Hunger Games, Katniss is the heroine of the story. Trapper had been imagining in his mind that Katniss, who has a long dark braid down her back, was a boy. : ) That's when I wondered if he would be all right with reading the story in the perspective of a girl. He enjoys mocking anything feminine or romantic. After a few nights of reading though, Trapper got really into it, and even started to look forward to reading more. Last night, we finished the book. I asked him what he thought of it all, and I informed him that I would be quoting him for this post. All he could come up with was "Interesting." haha This is why men don't have book clubs. I'm excited to start the next book, Catching Fire, with him. I enjoy snuggling up under the covers with him to read. Though we don't usually say anything to each other besides what we're reading, I think it's definitely brought us closer.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Ha ha! I thought Katniss was a boy at first, too:)Greg and I read both the books together, and he liked them. Although, he was a little more critical then I was
jealousy. connel always just falls asleep if we try anything like that.
Maybe when Marshall is done with school we will read together. I think that is something we would enjoy. Until then I am the only one allowed to read books... other then text books.
I think Josh is thanking me that I'm not a big reader. I just can't see him doing that, but way to go Trap!
Great Idea. I think we might give it a go.
so cute
Post a Comment