Last Thursday afternoon, we packed up the kids and drove out to North Carolina to see my family. We're about 8 hours away from them, so we took the risk of listening to our kids scream for a couple of hours. Luckily, they did fairly well. Braden screamed for about an hour until they both dozed off for the rest of the night. We arrived at about 12:30am and hurried off to bed. My dad said that Jackson could sleep with them, but I was alittle worried that JT would feel a little scared not having us to put him to bed. However, I was surprised when I could hear Jackson laughing up a storm in their bedroom. I guess it worked out fine!
The next day, my dad came home early from work and we went out to CiCi's Pizza for lunch. We love our pizza, especially when it's all-you-can-eat. I was suppose to be on my Special K diet, but let's face it, I ruined my chances for size 5 pants days ago. So I indulged myself and had 3 yummy powdered sugared brownies along with the pizza. After pizza, we drove out to Winston-Salem for the fair. On the way there, my dad decided to give us a tour of its finest ghetto. Actually, what happened was we got lost. We drove around for quite awhile trying to figure out how to get to the fair, and in the process, we got to see a pretty run-down ghetto.
After asking a few people along the side of the road (yikes), we finally made it. We checked out the exhibits and rode a few rides. It was pretty fun! Jackson got to ride in his own car stroller, so we put Braden in the umbrella stroller. And then we had my granny in a wheel chair, so it was a sight to see with all us driving someone else! Watch out everyone! Get out of our way or we'll run you down!! haha We actually did run over each other's ankles a few times. Ouch!
My Granny! (Alice Jewel Davis Tolbert)
Braden hanging out in the stroller. He did pretty well! After a while though, he got pretty fussy, so I tried to feed him out in public with my family surrounding me, but he didn't want to eat. Turns out, he's just sick. I feel bad now for making him sit outside for so long.
We were so excited to let Jackson ride something, but after a few turns of this ride, and one little smile, he tried to stand up but realized he couldn't because of his seat belt and then he cried and screamed until they let him off. It was kind of funny, but the poor kid was really scared.
This is our next attempt to get him to ride something. Jalopy Junction! I rode with him. He didn't cry on this one.
3 comments:
What a great trip!
I know what you mean about not being able to concentrate on Conference. Can't wait for the Ensign.
So glad that you had a great time in NC!
I didn't watch much of conference either..(luke worked all weekend!)
Can't wait to play Settler's with you guys!!
Trapper wins that game every time, dangit! Braden looks EXACTLY like Trapper in the bottom picture! Looks like a fun time!
Post a Comment