Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Frogs on the Loose

Today's been kind of rough with Jackson. He's sick with a fever and coughing, so he's been very fussy. However, I didn't know until after his nap and after I got so frustrated with him not eating any of his lunch. I feel so bad now 'cause now I understand why he wouldn't eat. Anyway, I really needed a night out for an hour to release my tension, so I left the kids with Ashley and I went to Subway. I took my book "Wild Swans" and did a little reading. While I was out, I walked over to the Hallmark store for a quick look around. I wasn't really planning on buying anything. They had a few things on sale, so I got Ashley a mousepad that had her initial on it since it was 70% off, and I noticed she didn't have one. Then, I noticed an Ecoquariums with Dwarf Frogs in them. They were so cute and I thought Jackson would really love to see them. Plus, we aren't planning on having any pets for awhile because of all the moving, but frogs wouldn't take much maintenance or care, so I got one! I was so excited about taking them home and showing them to everyone. I had to make one stop on the way to get Jackson some medicine and a few other things. I didn't even have to drive very far to get there, but before I had gone 100 yards, the bag that had the frogs, my book, and the mousepad in it, tipped over!!! AHH! I quickly parked and found the aquarium opened and all the water dumped on the floor. The colored rocks were all scattered and mixed, my book and the floor was soaked, and the frogs were missing. GREAT!! Just my luck. My first thought was that they had gotten buried in the rocks and were dead. But I kept looking. Eventually I found one but couldn't find the other. I remembered the lady had said that if they died within a week or two, I could have them replaced, so I quickly went back and told her my story. I was so embarrassed walking in there with an empty tank with only one frog. I felt so stupid. haha I asked her if it would be alright to replace it, but she just ignored me like she didn't hear me and said, instead, "Oh, how terrible. I'm so sorry this happened. Poor little frog." Whatever. She filled it back up with water, at least. As I went back to the car, I looked at the surviving frog and told him how sorry I was for killing his little buddy. Just in case, though, I went back to the car and started looking again. They are SUPER small and very lively, so I knew he had to be in there somewhere, even if he was dead. Well, just at that moment, Trapper called from Denver. *chuckle* I knew he wouldn't be ecstatic with me buying frogs, but I felt even more ridiculous and sorry for having made the car smell like frogs! That, he wasn't too thrilled about. Anyway, as I was telling him the story, I found the other frog and he was alive! After making my errand, I went home and repeated the story to Ashley who found the whole thing funny. haha We had a good laugh. So, tonight was suppose to be a relaxing evening, but I guess when you put frogs into the mix, anything can happen. It was all worth it!! I can't wait to see Jackson's face in the morning when I show him his new pets!
Frogs on the left, mousepad in the middle, and my soaked book on the right

You can see one frog on the left and the other on the right side of the tank

5 comments:

Jenny said...

Sounds like a crazy evening. I hope Jackson loves his froggies. And I hope they live to a ripe old age. :)

Alisha said...

That sounds like something that would happen to me! So funny! I hope Jackson feels better & LOVES the frogs!

Katie said...

That is a hilarious story!! Sorry your night wasn't exactly relaxing, but when you have adventures like these... :)

Natalee said...

I think those frogs are adorable and I'm so glad they survived. I'm glad your book survived too (just barely). I bet it was still nice to have some time by yourself even if it was a little more adventurous than you had counted on.

Ramanda said...

I don't have your email so I emailed Trapper Maqueli's address for you. I hope you get it!