Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Field Trip to the Nature Center in the Metropark

Today, Ashley didn't have to work (WOOHOO!), so things were a little more exciting at home. She took the kids out for a stroller ride while she jogged this morning, while I stayed home and did some pilates and then took a shower. It's so nice having her with us. With Trapper gone, I'm not completely alone. Having her company and somebody to help with the kids is wonderful. But she's not around all the time! I dno't have a babysitter full time! I wish! haha She's a very busy woman. She's been going to YSA activities in Cleveland every week and then sometimes she has to do an overnight job for work, and she has friends in Pittsburgh that she visited last weekend. So, she's been gone a lot. When she's home though, we take advantage of that time. haha Sorry, Ash. We love you. Anyway, a friend of mine told me about the Nature Centers in the metroparks, and said that it has lots of fun stuff for kids, so we drove out to the Nature Center closest to us and it was a blast! Jackson had so much fun! There were nature trails, wildflowers, the river, and a cool little place that had all sorts of fun kid stuff. We even saw a couple of snakes, Mom!! haha Anyway, I can't wait for Trapper to come back so we can take him along with us next time!
Here's some pictures of our little field trip.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Sounds like a great place! Jackson looks like he's having fun.

Katie said...

YAY!! I am so glad that you enjoyed it...Livi loved going to this one for a field trip. Honestly, when you move up here, we'll take the boys to the Bay Village one!