Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Surprise!!!

On Friday, Jackson, Trapper, and I drove 6 1/2 hours to Tremonton, Utah to surprise Grandma and Grandpa Yates. Trapper had the weekend off, so it was the perfect surprise. Traveling these days with Jackson isn't all that fun. He didn't sleep like we wanted him to, nor did he just enjoy playing with his toys. It was a whining and screaming fest. I had to sit in the back with him all the way there and try to keep him happy. We were EXHAUSTED when we finally made it. The best part of the whole trip, though, was that as soon as we got there, Jackson was out of our arms and I could relax and breathe. *sigh* I love family. haha Grandma was so excited that when she opened the door, she screamed really loud. It made Jackson scream too, but it wasn't a happy scream. haha He's still a little sensitive to loud and surprising noises. Why, just a minute ago, I heard Trapper laugh about some show on tv, and his booming laughter sent JT into his little screaming fit. I think Jackson takes my side when it comes to enjoying the quiet environment....That's just a theory. Anyway, we had a great weekend hanging out with Hayley, Celina, Kris, Grandpoopah and Grandma. Jackson loves them all. He gets all the spoiling he wants and never has to worry about being put down.


One evening, Grandpoopah took Jackson out to ride the four-wheeler. We caught them just as they came back, but Grandpa did again for show. : ) As soon as Jackson saw us, he did his little frown and cried. He was fine until we got out there! I don't know what that was all about.


On Sunday, we dressed Jackson up in a new shirt that Amy Simiskey gave us. Thanks Amy! It looked DARLING on him. He's just a handsome little boy. I think I'm going to try and get one of these pictures done as wallets. I can't decide which is my favorite. They're all too cute.

On Monday, we finally had to leave. Traveling back was just as bad as the drive there. He slept a little more, but screamed quite a bit. It was .....hard having to listen and not be able to do anything about it. Let's just put it this way: we won't be jumping in the car to travel long distances for awhile.

4 comments:

Josh and Shyann Croke Family said...

You gotta love traveling with babies! Brings back some not so fun memories. Glad you made it there and back though.

Jenny said...

Sounds like you had fun! Dallin went through that phase of being scared of loud noises like Jackson. It will pass, probably. :)

Andersen said...

Traveling with little ones only gets worse. I hate traveling or even going to the store because Reve just screams in the car.

Mari Kjar said...

I MISS YOU!!!! that's awesome you made a surprise trip like that!! i've had a lil number like that from you before... :) you are so spontaneous. well, jackson is looking ADORABLE. outrageously adorable. i can't wait to see you and him and even trapper too... soon hopefully!!!! LOVE YOU SOOO MUCH!!