A few days before Easter, Trapper and I drove out to Boston for his interview with Harvard. The pictures of that trip will have to come later. I was so excited to take pictures of everything I saw and all of the beautiful buildings, but for some strange reason our camera wouldn't work. So I bought a disposable camera. Old school, baby! Hopefully I'll get those developed this week.
My parents so generously offered to come watch the boys for us and they had a really good time together. They went to the park, ate at McDonald's, threw rocks in the pond by our house, blew tons of bubbles, played baseball, dyed Easter eggs, made cupcakes, etc. I'm glad they could enjoy this time with their Papaw and Nana.
Trapper and I came home Saturday night and put the Easter baskets together. Every year we get too much. I'm sure it'll only grow. haha
Of course we bought candy, but we had a few other fun things in there too. Toy Story figurines, whistles, a book of mazes for JT, and moon dough.
This is us imitating Jackson and Braden when they pose for the camera.
Easter Morning. Braden found his basket right away.
It took Jackson a little longer, but he didn't mind so much 'cause he had Braden's peeps and whistle to keep him company.
See those smiles. That's how they smile every time. lol
Moon dough is SO cool! It doesn't dry out and it feels almost like foam! It doesn't smell weird and it doesn't leave a residue on furniture or your hands. I love it. JT was working on a snowman in this picture.
We did our best to teach the boys about the real meaning of Easter, but I think next year will be better. My best friend is starting a tradition in her house where they'll celebrate Easter with the eggs and baskets on Saturday, and on Sunday, it'll be all about Christ. I think that's a great idea and will help to keep the Sabbath as a holy day and not so bombarded with commercialism.
1 comment:
Love the picture of you imitating their smiles! So cute!
Connel and I talked about doing the Saturday-Easter Bunny/Sunday-Savior thing too.
Post a Comment