Why did nakedness have to be cast out of the Garden of Eden along with Adam and Eve? Seriously. When you're naked, you don't have to think about how your hair should be styled. Up. Down. Straight. Curly. Half-up. No big deal! You're naked! It all looks good! Even the morning hair-do, when it looks like a bird's nest, would be just fine. Modesty? Too much cleavage or leg? Eh, modesty schmodesty. No need to feel like you're gonna scare anyone away! They're all naked too! When you're naked, you don't have to run out and buy a new pair of shoes because the 30 pairs of shoes just don't go. You also don't have to worry about sizes. Extra small. Small. Medium. Large. Extra large. 2. 4. 6. 8. 12. 14. Etc. Bust sizes! 32A to 44DDD. Who cares! You're naked! Let it all hang loose. *tired sigh* Yeah, naked would be nice.
My point here is that I just hate that I have to wear clothes. I hate that I have to shop for clothes. I hate that when I need to find something modest (because I'm Mormon and I have to be modest at all times), I have to scour the ends of the earth!! Okay, I'm exaggerating, but that's what it feels like sometimes. Where are the stores that sell beautiful AND modest clothes? Trendy AND modest? Come on! Where are the designers!?! I'd like to know. When I need something fast, I'd like to know exactly where to look. No more chasing. No more searching for hours and hours! I just want to go to one place and know that I will find what I'm looking for. I DARE these famous designers....NO, I TRIPLE DOG DARE THEM to design an entire line of modest clothing and make them the new trend, 'cause I don't think they can do it. Maybe they just don't have the creativity.
10 comments:
to answer your first question, nakedness cast out because we became carnal and by that i mean....... men became lusty. end of story. nakedness just won't work anymore. sounds to me like you need a shopping buddy ;) choose me! don't shop again until i'm there. xo.
I am with you. I am very modest and 5'10. So trying to find a dress or anything for that matter that is long enough is just frustrating. I just give up on finding a descent dress that does not cost $80.
So if you find a place let me know.
I think modesty is a wonderful thing.
Go to my friend's new blog. http://enstylepedia.blogspot.com/ Send her an email. I'm sure she will help you find something you are looking for. She helps with styling tips, mostly for moms like us. Look around, maybe she already has something that you would like. Tell her I sent you, maybe that way she'll respond to you sooner! Good luck!
THere are a few online shops that have some pretty cute stuff. Modbe, downeastoutfitters, and shade. I also find a lot of cute(and modest) things before summer hits, after it gets tougher. Another help is adding accesories to simple modest ts that way you get some style points without searching as hard. I am with you though on the designers and modesty. Perhaps we could suggest it as a design challenge for project runway.
I know what you mean. I had to wait for trips to Utah to find a dress. Even downeast doesn't makes skirts and dresses long enough for me. So FUN! I always liked Charlotte Russe. The clothes aren't all modest but there are quite a few that are. and I don't feel like I'm trying to dress like a 17 year old or my mother when I shop there. Good luck!
I hear ya! They have a DownEast store here, a mormon lady owns it. I prefer to try my clothes on but you can buy stuff online. Their things do run big. An XS skirt and Small or medium shirt fit me and I'm a size 8 in my pants so you'd probably be an XXS or something in their skirts? Anyway, they have a 50% off thing every couple months where it's 50% off their already clearanced items. Such cute outfits for like $12, no kiddding. So check it out! I think somebdoy already mentioned this store but it does rock!
http://www.downeastbasics.com/
I agree it is hard to find clothes that are modest. I was going to suggest Downeast Outfitters. But someone already suggested it. And I am so with Mary Ann about modesty being a design challenge on Project Runway!!
it is sad how even the modest website and stores have things that are not modest or through the roof expensive. Since leaving Rexburg I have done a lot of my shopping online. I hate this time of year because I can't find shorts that are long enough for me. I am not that tall but the shorts I have looked for aren't long enough to go to my knee. urg!!!! This past summer I have started making my own shorts being a mom my pants get wholes in the knee fast but I would rather just buy some that look MODEST.
You are a crack-up! Love this post. I like clothes though, because I need to hide under them. No one wants to see this. haha.
hi suzy- i just put up a post for you on my blog! i hope it helps, let me know if you need help with any other fashion woes!
~christa
www.enSTYLEpedia.blogspot.com
Post a Comment