Thursday, December 17, 2009

Farewell, Ashley!

Ashley's been with us from the beginning of our move to Ohio. And then she was also with us when we have to make another spontaneous move across town! What would we have done without her?
Well, for one thing, I can tell you, we wouldn't have done AS MUCH as we HAVE done!

We visited the Rocky River Reservation Nature Center. We also liked taking jogs along the reservation. It's a very beautiful area, so we had a couple of butt-kickin' but good runs. : )
She baked for us and even taught Jackson a few tricks like stirring up flour and such. : )


She was gentle with Braden and loved holding him when he was sleepy.


Family dinners were a lot easier with her always cutting up Jackson's chicken or picking his utensils up off the floor after he'd throw them down.




Road trip to Palmyra, NY and taking a detour to Niagara Falls! SUPER FUN. I'll never forget that, Ash!




Baking sugar cookies for Halloween.





For the Halloween party Ashley was going to, she dressed up as a wind-up doll. Isn't she cute? And check out the teeth! Those are her very own fake teeth molded to the shape of her mouth.






Jackson loved hanging out with Ashley in her room. When he saw her reading her book, he went and grabbed one of his and laid on the bed next to her.












On her last night with us, we went to Red Robin for dinner. On the way there, Jackson held her hand. Usually he wants to hold mine and no one else's, but he must've sensed Ashley would be leaving, 'cause he held her hand the whole way to Red Robin.










It was fun-filled night eating out. Chaotic, with drinks spilling, Jackson screaming, and Braden grabbing all the food off the table, but fun. : )










When we got home, she had a christmas present waiting for us. She was so excited for us to open it. She kept saying that it was cheesy, but I knew it would be cute and straight from her heart.











She made us all pajama pants!! We'll be matching in our sleep now! hehe It was a great gift and they're so cozy! We love them, Ash!
We're going to miss her like crazy. After I dropped her off at the airport, and the kids and I drove away, I wanted to cry! I felt like I was saying goodbye forever. But I know we'll see her again one day...just not tomorrow! *sigh* We're hoping Trapper will be sent to Romania for work, 'cause she said if she isn't married by that time, then she'll definitely be going with us. So, LET'S HOPE FOR ROMANIA!








2 comments:

Carlin said...

This post makes me feel like I'm losing a friend! So sad that Ashley is leaving

Andersen said...

Ashley is such a great girl you are lucky to have a great sister in law to stay with you. I would love to have someone come live with me.