Friday, November 13, 2009

Suzy's 25th Birthday

The older I get, the less excited I get about birthdays. I guess if it involved still going to Chuck E Cheese's then I'd probably wish my birthday came around more often.

The two things that I was most impatient about was making my birthday cake and seeing "Wicked." I'm still impatient to see it. We have tickets for this Thursday.

I know. I'm not suppose to make my own birthday cake, but I saw this cake from a post on the Momma Chef's blog and it looked too good to pass up. I like baking, so I said I wanted to do it. Ashley and Trapper said no way, but we made a compromise. They made the cake and frosting part, but I got to decorate. This cake is called the Ultimate Chocolate Layed Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Birthday Cake. And when it says "ultimate," it MEANS "ultimate." It is full of every fattening piece of goodness you can think of. Trapper said that if anyone ate this whole cake in one sitting they'd probably die. And he was serious. None of us could eat more than one piece. I couldn't finish mine! It was good though. Rich as heck, but good.

I love Braden's face in that first picture. He looks so concerned about the candles.


I thought this picture was kind of cute.





And this is the cake on the inside. VERY VERY YUMMY. Eat with caution. If you'd like the recipe, go to the Momma Chef's blog.
As for my day, it wasn't so great until Trapper and Ashley got home. Screaming kids is not my idea of a fun-filled birthday. We invited Trapper's friend, Josh, for a bite of the cake. Other than Josh, I wanted to keep the party low-key.
At the end of the party, when kids were being bathed, it seemed like everyone and their dog wanted to call me and wish me happy birthday! It was awesome! I think everytime I started talking to one person, another person would beep in! I'm so lucky to be loved by so many people! Anyway, it was GREAT birthday. : )

6 comments:

Britney said...

Happy birthday! That cake looks A-MAZ-ING! Also, I like the picture in your blog header. I like how you and Trapper both have a little miniature version of yourself.

Natalee said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!! The cake looks beautiful inside and out. Just like you!!!! Just enjoy being 25. Its a great age.

Mary Ann said...

Happy Birthday, I think I gained a pound just looking at the cake, yummy. The more than one piece sounds like a challenge to me.

Brooke said...

Hey Happy Birthday. I hope that you had a great day. I can't wait to try it out that mouth watering cake. I need a piece of that.

Jenny said...

Happy Birthday! That cake looks delish!

Andersen said...

yum yum... happy birthday I am glad it went well. I will have to look up that cake because it makes my mouth water seeing it. You are such a great mom and I hope your boys weren't too bad for you.