Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Summer Road Trip

We are no longer Coloradians! We've packed up and driven off away from the beautiful sunset of the west. Soon, we'll be living in the EASTERN TIMEZONE!!! Whoa, horsey. The adventure of a move is almost a beautiful thing. To me, it symbolizes rebirth. I can cleanse myself of the past and move full speed ahead with hope of the future in my view. I love it.

Last Thursday, Trapper's mom, Bev, and his sister, Ashley, came out to Denver to help us with the road trip to Cleveland. It's such a blessing to have family. Jackson's been a much happier kid since he now has more people to divide his attention to. While we were in the apartment for the last two days, Grandma Bev showered Jackson with hours of playtime. He couldn't get enough of it. He laughed and smiled all day long. Aunt Ashley helps him with bath time and eating dinner, and changing clothes, etc. And of course, Braden gets tons of kisses, and he will just smile at them ....or do his trademark look, which is pouty lips, a double chin, and squinted eyebrows. It looks like he's thinking really hard. haha Anyway, on Saturday, we packed the cars and started the big road trip. Surprisingly, Jackson and Braden have done better than we expected. Braden practically sleeps the entire time we drive, and Jackson reads books or watches DVD's ....and will occasionally whine if he gets bored. But he's been a real trooper!

So far, on our journey, we've stopped in Hays, KS, Cameron, MO, and Nauvoo, IL. And we'll stop in one more place before Cleveland. Along the way, we've been able to check out the church historical sites! I LOVE THE CHURCH'S HISTORY. We have seen Liberty Jail, Far West, Adam-ondi-ahman, Carthage, and Nauvoo!! My two favorites are Adam-ondi-ahman and Nauvoo. They're GORGEOUS. I will post pictures once I get the chance. It's been so fun taking my family to all these places. I know Jackson won't remember, but I hope we'll get to do it again someday. The only thing Jackson's taken an interest in is all the rocks! He loves to throw rocks. Oh, and he's also been enjoying smelling all of the flowers here in Nauvoo. haha It's so cute.

The best thing about this move is that we'll be close enough to visit Kirtland and Palmyra as well! WOOHOO! Having seen all of these places now, trapper and I agreed that it makes the story of the Saints and of Joseph Smith and of the Restoration SO MUCH MORE REAL. Like I can almost touch it. The future is so bright and full of hope. I can't wait to meet Joseph Smith and all the Saints who never lost faith in the restored gospel.

3 comments:

Britney said...

Welcome to Ohio! I'm technically not in Ohio, but oh so close (about 10 miles from the border). I know what you mean about moving. I kind of like it too. New people to meet, new places to visit, a new climate to experience, and all of your clothes suddenly become new again! Good luck!

Harris said...

Well I too will welcome you to OHIO! Welcome to Ohio! We hope you like it here. So where abouts are y'all thinking about living around here? And are you thinking of buying a house... Well I think.. just my opinion you should look into Avon!!! The school are awesome the area is great, and everything is so close. And if your hubby likes hunting, golfing, fishing ect. There is lots of all of that to do and it is very accessible from this area!! Except the hunting that is a drive! Also shopping is awesome here there is crocker park and a place called avon Commons which has everything you need. Wait a minute.... Have you lived here before, I think you might know all of this. Well if you do sorry, and if you don't here is so info. lol. Hope you get moved in and settled sooN!

Natalee said...

Hooray Hooray, i'm so glad you found me!!! You have two beautiful boys!!!! Wow, I bet ohio is beautiful. Love you guys.