After living in Rifle, Colorado for a year now and LOVING it, we are packing our stuff and moving to a new location: Cleveland, OH. The project that Trapper's been assigned to work on here is ending soon, and we've known for some time that we'd be moving this summer. We just didn't know where. The only thing left undecided is whether they (URS) want him to go to Denver first to help finish up this project or if they just want us to go directly to Ohio. Either way, we have to be moved out by the end of June. And for those of you living in Houston, it's official that we will not be coming back. : ( We will miss you all!
Anyway, I'd been prepared since Trapper got this job with URS that we'd be moving around a lot, but moving so soon with a brand new baby?? That's something that I had not anticipated. Luckily, my mom is coming out here at the beginning of June to help me with the baby and with the packing. She might even be able to help us with the actual move! Still, I can't help but feel overwhelmed with what lies in the near future. June will not be looked on kindly....well except for the day when my baby boy arrives. Till then I'll be praying for strength and patience to endure this move.
4 comments:
Good luck with everything! We are so sad that you won't be coming back to Houston.
I hear you about moving with a newborn baby. We did it 2 weeks after Spencer was born and it was pretty hard to do!
BUT..I AM EXCITED that you are moving to Cleveland..because that is where we currently live!! If you need any information or nice/safe places to live..let me know! We moved here a year ago and are still adjusting, but we really enjoy the area we are at. Email me: kbug428 at yahoo dot com!
Suzy--I hope all goes well with everything that's coming up for you guys. We moved from Colorado to Arkansas (so that Randall could go to graduate school) when Bennett was about 4 weeks old. I was really nervous about it all...we had a ton of help with moving and it worked out. My piece of advise...make sure that you don't over work yourself...no matter how bad you feel with not being able to help with the move! It will help your recovery big time and you won't regret it in the long run!
With breastfeeding: Breastfeeding for us had a rough start but it worked out. I had the lactation nurses come in as much as possible and I think that you can even get them to make a home visit if you ask (for free). Also, this SAVED me: a nursing shield. I used it for a long time...I think three months.(the nurses in the hospital gave it to me)
Good luck in the move especially with a baby!
Post a Comment