Thursday, May 15, 2008
Love the support of my girlies
The sun in finally peeking through and I can see the light! Jackson slept through MOST of the night last night! YEEHAW! I may make it after all. For everyone who doesn't know, Jackson has decided to be a stinker for the past week and a half. Since the Sunday before last, Jackson has woken at 10:30 or 11pm after sleeping for 2 hours and then won't go back to sleep unless I am touching him or sleeping with him in some way. It's been insane...and not to mention uncomfortable! I haven't been able to figure out his problem, but it's probably just teething issues. Anyway, none of us have been able to get any rest. Well, maybe except for Trapper. He wasn't getting any on the weekend but during the week he's able to stick in earplugs or I've just slept in a different room with Jackson. Lucky for him. Anyway, I was starting to lose my mind and the ability to function was running on low. The one thing that has really helped me to stay afloat was having a great support system--my friends. As a mom, I've noticed that not only do I get to enjoy having a sweet and adorable child, but I've gained a lot of new friends. Mothers are very supportive of each other and we can understand and relate with one another. Yesturday, I talked with my cousin Bonnie for the first time in a long time. She and I grew up together, but since my family moved a lot, we didn't keep in touch very well. The other day she called me and left a message saying that her mom and my mom talked, and my mom said that my hands were full with Jackson, so she decided to give me a call. I called her back yesturday and she told me about her own two kids and then gave me some advice and support about my situation with Jackson. It was really nice to have someone to vent to and to get that support. I also have become better friends with my sister-in-law, Sally, since becoming a mother. I've definately appreciated the advice that has come from her experiences of being a mother of an almost two year old. There's just so much to be gained from having a wide circle of friends. So, to be brief, Jackson slept til 3:30am last night and then he woke up. I was ecstatic. haha The poor kid's diaper leaked so I changed him and then put him back in his bed. He was wide awake by then. After awhile he fell asleep, but not soundly. Somewhere around 5 he finally got completely quiet. It was NICE. So I'm running on a little more fuel today, and I hope I'll be able to start back into my routine of hip-hoppin' and taebo exercise.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Suzy- I am so excited that you got some sleep last night! Did you ever think that you would be excited if you didn't get woken up until 3:30 am??? It's amazing how kids change our lives. I really do hope that this is the turning point and that Jackson will start sleeping better for you!
Post a Comment