Friday, May 9, 2008

4 month check-up


Yesterday, Jackson and I went to the pediatrician for his 4 month checkup. I was relieved to be going, because this week has been extremely exhausting. All week, Jackson hasn't slept hardly a wink at night. He'd go to bed around 8 and then wake up around 10 or 11pm moaning for his pacifier. So I'd get up and put it back in his mouth and then go back to bed hoping he'd fall asleep again. Nope. Almost as soon as I got back into bed he'd start moaning or crying again. It was like this all night for almost the entire week. I try to relieve his teething pain with tablets or tylenol, but it didn't seem to work. His constipation has been a lot better, so that hasn't been a problem for the past couple of nights. Anyway, so despite the moaning and crying all night, Jackson was wide awake and doing pretty good. He had to get more shots, but he only cried for a few seconds and then he went to sleep in the car. *whew* So this is what the doc told us. She said to give him tablets with orajel at the same time. She also said to keep up on the gas medicine and to give him a little maalox to help with the acids in his stomach. Poor kid is just drugged UP! Besides all that, he's a pretty healthy kid! Thankfully. The doc also told us to start giving him baby food to help with making him feel a little more full. He likes pears so far, but prunes probably aren't a favorite. He made a face when I gave it to him and I had a hard time feeding him half of the jar. And half of that ends up on his face or on the bib, so who knows if he's getting anything out of it. haha So on with the stats. At two months, he was 11 lbs and measured at 22''. Now he's 13 lbs 2 oz and measuring at 24 1/4''. He's getting bigger!! But I knew that already. He's such a sweetheart. He can almost rollover from front to back but he just hasn't figured out how to get his arm out from underneath him. He doesn't like to lay down much anymore. He's pretty spoiled, but I try not to hold him too much just so he doesn't think it's gonna happen all the time. If he only knew how good he really has it. haha We're having a good time with him as usual, but I'm hoping this tooth that's bothering him will break through soon.

2 comments:

Sally said...

Jackson must be on a different shot schedule than Annabelle. She had appointments at 3,6,9,12 and 18months. And she got in an extra one today! I was so glad her dr's office is open on Saturday mornings.....the poor kiddo has a massive ear infection. But so far she is loving the good meds they gave her!!!

Sally said...

Ok, just call me stupid, 'cause I was wrong. I checked our records and Annabelle DID have visits at 2 and 4 months, and NOT at 3 months. I don't know what I was thinking! So much craziness in my life lately that I can't think straight. And I was so glad to see that he is longer than Annabelle was at her 4 month appt. That's a good thing!!