Sunday, March 11, 2012

Cream Cheese Pancakes--Gluten free and low in calories

I love pancakes, so when I found this recipe on Pinterest, I had to try it. The word "cream cheese" is what caught my attention. And it helps that it only has 4 ingredients.
  • 2 oz. cream cheese
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 packet of Stevia sweenter
  • 1/2 tsp. cinnamon (optional) I used cinnamon and it's awesome.
What you do is mix everything up in a blender or magic bullet, or whatever you've got, until it's creamy, then let it sit for a couple of minutes until the bubbles settle. Then pour it onto a skillet or griddle that has been sprayed with Pam or you can use butter, which is what we did. Butter's always better, in my opinion. Let them cook for a couple of minutes and then flip on the other side to cook for one minute. Top with syrup and fruit or whatever you desire.

So this is Jackson being my helper. He LOVES helping. He loves feeling useful and it keeps him busy, so if I ever need to clean something, I can always ask him because he loves it.

"Ahh, Perry the Platypus, it's so good to see you." : )


They're super thin, so it takes like 4 of these babies to fill you up.

Mmm, yummy golden brown-ness..

This was mine. I only did two just because I wasn't sure if it was going to taste good, plus I gave some to Jackson. Like I said, two will not be able to fill you up, so double the recipe or even triple it, if you're serving more people. And let me just say how pleased I was with this recipe. Easy and tasty. And LOW IN CALORIES! And GLUTEN FREE. No joke. What's even crazier, in my case, was that I actually ate those blueberries in the picture. lol I hate blueberries. I hate the way they---ugh, i hate this word--burst in your mouth. Ugh. Anyway, I only put them there because I wanted to add a little pizzazz to the picture. I ended up eating them, somehow.

No comments: