Sunday, June 19, 2011

Thank you, Trapper, for being the best Daddy to our boys.


First, I want to shower my praise and adoration on Trapper and on how wonderful of a father he is. You may have heard this before, but when I first met Trapper's family, one of the first big impressions that I got was that upon meeting his dad, I KNEW without a doubt that Trapper would be a great father. Just from the example I could see in his own dad. It was something I admired and looked forward to. And we'd only been dating for like two weeks, but that's beside the point. My point is that that impression did not fail me. Trapper lived up to that expectation in such a way that makes me feel so lucky as a woman. As a mother! My mom has a small picture showing a father a mother and two children and it has a saying with it. I can't remember it exactly, but it went something like this: The greatest gift a father can give his children is loving their mother. I always thought that was really sweet. Now that I have children, I really believe that's true. On the days when I'm stressed or I haven't had much sleep or the kids have been screaming at me all day long, Trapper comes home with a positive energy, kisses me on the cheek and looks for ways to help me with the kids. He always takes them upstairs with him while he changes out of his work clothes, and as little as that sounds, it fills me with so much relief! lol Just to have 5 minutes by myself to do whatever it is that I'm doing at that time, which is usually making dinner. But then, not only does he do that, he takes the kids up for a bath every night. He helps me put them to bed and reads them stories. Even when I've had a bad day and I sometimes take it out on him, he's very patient with me and lets me blow off the steam by going out to the library by myself or just for a drive. He shows me so much respect and love by these little things, and not only does it make me love him more, but it helps ME to be a better MOTHER. I am so grateful for him. I could not have stumbled upon anyone better. Thank you, Trapper.

1 comment:

the Petterson Family said...

They were all so cute today with their matching ties!