Monday, April 11, 2011

Trapper's Birthday Surprises

Boy, I am so lame at blogging these days! I forgot to blog about my own sweetheart's birthday! I am so lame. He had quite a day too!





His birthday was on Friday and it started out as a typical day for him. Work. The day before wasn't such a great day for him, so I prayed to Heavenly Father that it would be a better day for him. Full of positivity and surprises. Trapper got one big exciting surprise that nobody was expecting. He got an email from Harvard inviting him for an interview!! When he called me and told me, I honestly thought he was joking. haha I was speechless and dumbfounded. I always hear about those kinds of things from other people, and I know Trapper is completely talented and intelligent, but with Harvard interviews being so rare and almost impossible, I was a little shocked! I'mso proud of him. We're both so elated over the opportunity and can't wait to visit the campus. My parents even volunteered to come watch the boys for us while Trapper and I drive out there.

Another surprise that I had planned for him was to have lunch delivered to him from Jimmy John's. It's a gourmet sandwich place. It arrived just in time for his lunch and he had no idea. If not for that sandwich he would've been eating left-overs, and that's not an appropriate birthday feast. So far, even being at work, he was having a great birthday.

Trapper came home from work early around 5 o'clock and we sang Happy Birthday to him and then let him open up a couple of presents. His parents got him a self-help book. He loves those. And I got him a game that he and I can play together. Along with the game I had a card. Inside the card I'd written a note to him, but I translated it (with the help of Google Translator) into Romanian. It made him laugh pretty hard because some of the phrases I'd used, like "You're still a young buck," translated into "You're still a young dollar." I had to help him with the translation. haha I'm glad it made him laugh....even though it was meant to be more sweet and romantic. Oh well. I love to hear him laugh. After that, we quickly fed the kids. Well, we put food in front of them. Did they eat it? Not really. Then we herded them off to a friend's house so we could go out on a date. Trapper and I weren't really hungry so we bought some treats for the movies and then did some window shopping at Crocker Park until the movie started. We saw the movie "Hanna." It looked pretty good on the trailer, but it's definitely violent and after it was over I was left with an unsettling feeling. It did not have a happy ending and some things weren't explained as well as I'd liked. I told Trapper maybe next time we should watch something that we knew would have a happier ending. After the movie, we picked the kids, who apparently drank a TON of smoothies. They won't eat the food we put in front of them, but they'll down a whole thing of smoothie. Crazy kids. : )

The next day we had a small party for him. We invited a few friends over and I'd made a Red Velvet cake and some small cupcakes for the kids. It was a nice get-together to talk and hang out with friends. Well, as you can see, they were mostly girls. Most of the men were absent, so that's why it looks like a girl party.
We sang "Happy Birthday" and Trapper blew the candles out.....on me....so much smoke. *cough cough*
It was a fun time though and I'm glad we were able to share the occasion with our friends.

Even though you'd think that'd be the end of Trapper's birthday affair, you'd be wrong! I was a bit late in getting two other presents and they arrive today, so he'll be getting more birthday surprises today. Lucky boy. : )

1 comment:

the Petterson Family said...

Trapper's face in the top candle blowing picture made me laugh...then snort! Thanks for inviting us to share the fun day with you. Happy Birthday Trapper! :)