Sunday, July 11, 2010

4th of July in Salem, Illinois

Our 4th of July was lots of fun. Okay, more like crazy, but still fun. The best part was having my entire family there to celebrate it together. We all did our best to cram into parent's duplex and it actually worked out well for....well, my family at least. Trapper and I got to have one side all to ourselves and that gave us extra rooms to keep the kids in while they slept. Speaking of kids, they've been suffering from some kind of congested cold for awhile. And it's unfortunate that it got really bad just before the trip to Illinois. However, they didn't seem to mind. They slept great for being in a new place, and they had lots of fun being passed from Nana to Papaw to Danielle to Trin and so on. I have to admit, I loved that too.
In the family room, where we all sat around the TV playing the Wii or watching the World Cup, Josh and Matthew slept on an air mattress. They pretty much slept there all day long or just laid their all day long. Talk about lazy! Sometimes Matthew would sleep in much longer than Josh. It was ridiculous.
This is a picture of what I saw one day.
In my mind, I'm wondering why Carson pushed Matthew off the bed. I was like, "What happened?" Carson said, "They rolled off the bed!" I said, "They?" I was under the impression that Matthew was the only one on the floor.
I was wrong. Apparently, what had happened was Matthew rolled off the bed and took the blanket with him. Josh wouldn't have any of that, so he rolled off the bed too. What's so funny about this is that they were really asleep! How does anyone sleep like that!?

St. Louis, MO Zoo

It was a HOT day.

Josh listened to his Ipod the whole time. lol
Matthew, Noah, Connor, Carson, and my dad.

Matthew was wearing a Brazilian hat, but it made him look like he was from Australia.
This was very nice stroller. It was a lifesaver for us. Not only did it care the kids, but it carried all of our oversized purses.
I love this picture of my sister's family.
The kids were so whiny and tired. But we look like we're having fun, right? lol
Braden LOVED his Nana. He followed her around and cried for her all the time. It made Papaw a little jealous. : ) He eventually warmed up to Papaw, too.
Getting ready to watch the firework show.

Yes, I cut my hair. I was tired of finding dried food stuck in it every single day.
The kids aren't cooperating for their Aunt Danielle. haha

Testing out the sparklers!
We loved watching the fireworks. Sometimes when a firework would come up, Braden would clap his hands and say, "Yay!" It was really cute. Jackson noticed he was getting a lot of attention with that, so he started doing it too, except more exaggerated. He started jumping around and yelling and laughing like a crazy person.
Thankyou, Papaw and Nana for making our 4th of July so memorable and fun!!

1 comment:

Sally said...

I had to laugh about the food in your hair. I haven't had that problem...yet. And I love Jackson's Sponge Bob pajamas. I'm going to be sure not to let Annabelle see any of these pictures or she will want a pair!