Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Easter Sunday

Our Easter Sunday started off with the kids climbing into bed with us. I'd always imagined that that day would come, and I loved it. I love those "first" moments like that. Kind of like how you look forward to that first christmas with your baby or the first time they say "Mommy." Things like that. I try to hold those moments close to my heart for as long as I can. Okay, so this is how our Easter went down. : )
This is Trapper's Easter basket. The Easter bunny decided that he deserved a little home-made basket as well as the kids. He's been a very lovable honey. : )

When we came downstairs, Trapper saw this ugly thing with leaves sticking out of it and said, "What's that doing there?" I did my best to be coy and told him he'd better go look.

Lo and behold, it's tweezers for ingrown hairs!! How did the Easter bunny know he'd need that?


Jackson was so excited to see all the goodies in his basket.

Braden was equally as excited. Especially when he saw the blue peeps!

Being our second child, we really had no qualms about him chewing on it. In fact, we're glad he did, 'cause his face is priceless.
After they found their baskets, we opened Braden's new book called "The Story about Easter" and we read about Jesus and that he lived and died for us and that he rose from the grave and conquered death for us. We are so grateful for Him and His love. And I'm so grateful to Him for making it possible for us to return and live one day with out Heavenly Father and our families.

The Easter bunny was way too generous this year. Not only did they get SO MUCH candy, and doodle pads, but Jackson also got a new bat and tee ball set. Apparently, the Easter bunny had a tough time finding a BLUE tee ball set.

Dying eggs! Super fun.



After dying the eggs, we had an Easter egg hunt! Jackson found every egg! Good job, buddy.

What is it with Braden's face?! He does that all the time!

Oh, and just for fun, we also like to walk around without our pants on. haha

7 comments:

Sally said...

Fun Easter. And I just saw you won another giveaway! WhooHoo!!!

the Petterson Family said...

Looks like a great day.

Braden: what do you think this is? risky business? :)

Katie said...

what a great Easter! I bet Trapper was scratching his head about the basket..haha..too funny! Thanks for coming over, we had a great time!

Tia said...

Looks like you all had a great Easter. Your boys are so cute. I did not know that they made tweezers for ingrown hairs. How funny.

Andersen said...

hahaha looks like you guys had a very fun easer this year. Braden reminds me so much of Lexi it is fun. I love that he was eating the peeps from his basket. Lexi did the same thing with the Jelly Beans from the eggs in her basket.

Brooke said...

Ok...so your kids are SO stinkin' cute. I love all the pics. I hope you had a happy Easter.

Jenny said...

Looks like you had a great Easter! I saw that Jackson got a Little Critter book...we looove those books 'round here!