Sunday, March 28, 2010

I love to laugh

Okay, so I feel like all I've been doing lately is posting about give aways, so I can win one. Did I mention that I've also become obsessed with clothes lately? Sounds a bit like I'm becoming a bit shallow. Or just really...no, just shallow. Don't worry. I'm not fishin' for compliments or whatever. Don't feel like you have to make a comment about me not being shallow. I know what I am. I'll learn to live with the guilt. : ) Most of my shopping recently has legitimate reasons, but the give aways, I have to admit, are just so stinkin' fun. And what's so wrong with wanting something for free?
This isn't really what I wanted to post about. The whole point of my incessant babbling is that it's time to post something that has a little more depth and meaning to me: the little things that make me laugh.
Today in church, the opening hymn was a bit too slow for my taste. I'm not hating on our chorister, but I'm kind of tired of singing every hymn every Sunday sooo ooo slow. My voice just doesn't have the staying power to hold long high notes. Anyway, we finally got to the end, and as the chapel immediately went quiet, Jackson yells out "Yay!!" really really loud, as if he's happy that it was over (like me) or maybe he thought it was beautiful singing. Probably the latter. He hasn't developed an impatient attitude like me, thankgoodness. I immediatley cupped his mouth, but you could still hear him exclaiming his joy, just more muffled. I couldn't help but crack up.

Then, later, I went up to bear my testimony, and without my knowledge, Jackson followed me. It didn't cross my mind that he would want to go up on to the stage like me. He's getting so big and he wants to do so many new things now. Most of the time, it just cracks me up. I'm sure the people on the far side of the chapel had no idea why I couldn't stop laughing when I got to the pulpit, and they probably thought I was weird. In the time that I stood up and walked to the pulpit, Jackson had run back to Trapper getting all red in the face and upset that I wouldn't let him come with me, but then he ran back to the front and couldn't find me. Mommy had disappeared! His little face was like, "Hey! Where'd she go?" And then he could see everyone's eyes were on him. So he just kept running around and making noises as he went, yelling "Daddy" and stomping his clunky little feet on the floor. I know it won't be the first time he does this, but it was a classic moment, and my giggle box couldn't be controlled. It's those little moments, even though they're kind of embarrassing, you have to enjoy it while it's happening, or it's gone before you know it. Once I stopped laughing, I had to compose myself and try to remember what I wanted to say. Awkward.
Here's my little angel.

2 comments:

Kimi said...

First off, I'm totally with you on the slow hymns. But it's not the chorister...it's the organist. We once were singing "Onward Christian Soldiers" so slow, I know it would have put that army to sleep.

What Jackson did today was uber cute. I know it made a whole bunch of people smile :)

Sally said...

Annabelle just walked by and saw this picture of Jackson and said "He's got cereals on his shirt!"