Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Needed This

I'm stealing this from a friend's blog.
"Recognize that the joy of motherhood comes in moments. There will be hard times and frustrating times. But amid the challenges, there are shining moments of joy and satisfaction."
-M. Russell Ballard
It came at a good time, and I really needed to be reminded that being a mother doesn't mean I have to be perfect. Some days will be harder than others. And I will continually ask for help through prayer. As an individual trying to get through the trials of this life, I feel like Heavenly Father totally and completely understands. He was once doing this himself. He knows exactly what we're going though. However, as a mother, he was never that, but being perfect and all, and having a wife who's been through it, he knows exactly how to succor us women. That is strictly my imagination. So don't think I'm speaking doctrine. haha

2 comments:

Sally said...

I thought of that quote just the other day as Annabelle was walking through the snow ahead of me. Her little jeans were caught up on the pull tabs of her boots and she just looked so stinkin' cute. It was one of those "moments" that just warms your heart and made me think of that too.

Loni said...

I think that motherhood is trying to find joy in not only the great and glorious things your children do, but also in the not so great - like they let you wipe their noses, Who else can you grab a tissue and wipe their nose without any awkwardness!?!

-Also, feel free to use my story- not sure about how a lesson in cake can be beneficial, but go ahead :)