Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Another Sewing Project

When Ashley and I were shopping around at the Latter-Day Harvest bookstore in Palmyra, we saw Christmas stockings for missionaries. Ashley, my muse, had the idea that she could make one for her cousin who's about to go on a mission. Well, I thought that was a great idea, so I decided to make one for my little brother who's out in Brazil right now! This project was much more complicated than the capes, and I needed a lot of help from Ashley and Bev. In the end, it came out with a few mess-ups, but I'm sure Matthew won't care about the mistakes. I can only imagine he'll be thrilled just to get something in the mail. I've not been very good about keeping in touch with him. : (
Inside the stocking is candy, breath mints, a toothbrush, and a few packets of dry chicken noodle soup. I taped up the top and put a note on it that says not to open it until Christmas, but he may get so impatient he won't want to wait. And on the inside of the package, I put some stickers, a letter from me and Jackson, and another packet of soup.

No comments: