Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Goodbye Rifle! What's up, Denver?

Goodbye Rifle, Colorado. I LOVED YOU! I love small towns and the scenery there is gorgeous. I didn't grow up with big mountains and cool dry air, but I hope that I might get to grow OLD in it though. Don't get me wrong, Southerners, I love the south because it will always be my "home", but my allergies are TERRIBLE in Mississippi and the bugs always trying to fly up my nose are ridiculous.
Moving out of the house wasn't so bad since we had movers pack and load everything for us this time, but the hassle of it all stressed us out big time. Let's not forget that I have 2 kids now! Thanks to Josh and Sally, and the Eldredge family for watching Jackson almost every day of that last week. I can not tell you how grateful I am for that. The last night of our stay in Rifle was unforgettable, but mostly because it was pretty uncomfortable. All Friday afternoon and evening, we, along with my visiting teachers (AWESOME women), cleaned and cleaned until about 11pm. Then, because we had no furniture left in the house, Trapper and I slept in sleeping bags on the floor. Neither one of us slept good that night. The next morning, before we drove out of town, we said bye to Sally, Annabelle, and Layla (Josh was....somewhere... I can't remember). Good luck with the move, Sally! Then, we stopped one more time at our favorite restaurant, the Base Camp Cafe. MMM MMM GOOD. If you ever stop in Rifle, go into town on ....3rd St., I think, and eat there. They have the BEST breakfast. I usually get the ham and cheese scramble with hashbrowns and sourdough toast or dollar-size pancakes. I love breakfast. It's my favorite meal of the day. It's one of the only reasons I get out of bed. If I didn't have breakfast to look forward to everyday, the day would look pretty miserable.
Moving on, sorry. haha I should post a tribute to my love for food sometime.

Maqueli Eldredge and her family. She was my visiting teacher and good friend in Rifle. She watched Jackson for me A LOT. I owe her SO much.
So, the 3 hour drive wasn't so bad...at least for me. Braden slept the whole way there. Jackson rode with Trapper in the civic and according to Trap, JT only slept for an hour. I can imagine how the rest of the trip went. Watching Baby Signing Time on the portable DVD player, throwing toys at Daddy, crying or whining, eating snacks, etc. It's no wonder Trapper kept swerving off the road. Just kidding. I did notice that he kept slowing down a lot though.

The apartment we're staying in is nice, but it's on the third floor and there are NO elevators! It's no wonder kids think their daddy's are Superman! Trapper carried EVERYTHING up to our apartment. He was sweating big time. haha It sucks, but at least we're getting a good work out. And, the parking is ridiculous. It has two levels of parking, but even if you park on the higher level, you have to walk back down to the first level to get in the building. And then, we have to climb three flights of stairs. That's not the worst thing about parking though. Apparently whoever designed it decided to make it hard for everyone by creating TEENY TINY SPACES. We can barely get out of our cars without hitting another car. Oh well. I guess all this just makes the adventure more memorable. haha
Jackson likes wearing my sunday shoes. I'm sure it's just a phase. haha
On Sunday, we drove to the nearest church and stayed for only sacrament meeting. Later that day, we went to a park and played on the playground equipment. We even saw a bunny rabbit! It was so cute with its little white cotton-tail.




1 comment:

Andersen said...

You guys are really tuff to move, especially with little kids. I hate it. Lucky that you had a moving crew come that makes a huge difference.