Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Stress likes my face

It's been a week since Trapper left for Colorado and the tough suzy exterior is started to break down. In the beginning I thought, "Okay, I can definitely do this. No problem. Trap will be back before I know it and the packing wil not be all that bad." PSH. Right... Must I remind myself that I have a 5 month old who is extremely spoiled for attention. I guess that happens to all first babies, because we just can't stop playing or cuddling with them. But the exhaustion is setting in more than I thought it would. I can still do this, but I may have to get a little help. Tomorrow I'm hoping to get some boxes from the Relief Society president in my ward. I had expected to get them on Monday, but since then she's been busy with too many things, so I've had to accomodate with the new schedule that comes daily. Jackson takes 2, sometimes 3 (bless that little boy), naps during the day, so I'm able to get a LITTLE packing done. Trapper will definitely have his hands full when he comes home though. And I'll have to warn him that the house is like a warzone right now. Anyway, SO YEAH, about the title. I say stress likes my face because since Trapper has left or maybe even before, my face has steadily broken out in zits. I think I have about 3 or 4 on my head, 1 between my eyes, a couple on my chin and several tiny ones hiding around my nose. Those disgusting jerks! I remember a similar time when stress went beyond its bounds and gave me grief: two weeks before my wedding. My mom and I did a roadtrip across the country (from NC to UT) two weeks before Trap and I were to get married. We had a most memorable trip. I won't give you all the details, it took us several days to get there. And on each day, there was something new that tested our faith. Our car almost ran out of gas during a traffic jam that lasted for two hours, then on that same day we stayed in the WORST hotel I've ever been in. Don't EVER stay in an EconoLodge. They're NASTY!! I won't give you the details of what happened, but it was the worst case of management we'd ever seen. And I'm not sure when this happened, before or after we started the trip, but I developed an ulcer in the front of my mouth after accidentally biting down too hard a couple of times. It was torture. The thing got so big and nasty that I couldn't talk (unless I wanted to wince in pain) after the 3rd day. I remember trying to talk to Trapper on the phone and it just wasn't working. My mom had to relay my messages to him. Eating and drinking also proved to be a terrible ordeal. It was because of eating and biting down on it, and the added stress, that it continued to get worse. I hated that ulcer. Stupid ulcer.
So be good to yourselves!! Take time out to relax and breathe! I'm trying to just take a few minutes in the evening or during Jackson's naps to lay down and evaluate the situation I'm in. It helps to lift my spirits. So, hopefully my face will stop looking like a crazed maniac and start looking like me again. : )

6 comments:

Sally said...

Suzy, I'm sure you're just as cute as ever! Now just look past the next few days and the plane ride and think about when you are in Utah and you can't pack, and there is no reason to stress because you can't do anything about it from there. And here is some news, it's official, I am heading to Utah next week too! So, I fully intend to take care of little Jackson as much as possible so it can be a real vacation for you. Sometimes I feel like vacations aren't really any of a break for the moms. Most of the time it is worse trying to keep your kid out of things they shouldn't be in and all of that stuff. I know exactly what it is like, so I am determined to make your time while I am there as pleasant for you as possible. I will even sleep in the room with Jackson if you will let me. I will get up with him and feed him. Seriously. Moms of 5 month olds just need a break sometimes!

Andersen said...

Oh Suzy... I feel for you. We moved last year at this same time it is hard once you get a little one, people don't understand. I wish so much that I could help you. It will soon be over and you will get a break. Trapper told me that you are heading to Utah and staying in Elwood. I am actually going to Utah as well on the 17th to catch a plane on the 18th. If you have time i would love to see your little guy. I have only seen pictures... he is so cute. You are such a good mom and wife.

Cecily said...

Good luck with lifting your spirits! It does sound very stressful. :(

I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one who hates the EconoLodge. I stayed there once years ago and I tell Ryan that I won't ever stay there again. Now I have some back-up. haha.

Lauren said...

No he didn't have an ear infection and he hasn't touched or tugged on his ear since. Weird huh? He has had a couple of colds, nothing too bad. But the more they get sick as infants the less they will when they are older, helps to build their immune systems.

Mary Ann said...

Oh dear, I hope you love Colorado though, we were there last weekend in Golden, and it was so great. There is the river that runs through Golden, and a bunch of people were floating it/ Kayaking. It made me really miss the area. Lucky girl.

Andersen said...

it was so good to see you are Jackson is just so cute. I hope all goes well with moving (traveling).